Wednesday, August 10, 2011

how to pick up....and start over

You lost weight. You feel like one of the contestants on the biggest loser. But, before you know it, the Honeymoon season with your new body is quickly fading and you start to think a little extra here and there won't undo my progress. Slowly but surely you start falling back into some old behaviors and those jeans you really like all of sudden won't button up anymore. The depression and disappointment slowly starts to creep in. Then it hits you. You've stopped exercising and your eating is out of control. You get on the scale and there it is. You've gained all the weight back. Before you start tossing confetti at your pity party, understand that this type of setback is crucial to overcoming your battle with the bulge. What seems to be a major setback can be a real opportunity to get it right the next time and beat lose weight before it becomes a vicious cycle.

We have all been there.....some of us a few more times than what we would like to admit!! Have you heard OR said.... "oh I have screwed up so bad, I can never get my act together again"......to that I say....B.S. It is never too late to start over.....did you hear me? START OVER. Something I really recommend if you are having issues with weight loss.....start at the beginning. Do not just pick up and think you will get going on the "right " path again. You must make adjustments or those sneaky little habits come inching back in....you know they will, don't fool yourself. Get back to basics.....my motto on SOOOO many things. SLOW DOWN AND SIMPLIFY. Isn't that a wonderful set of 4 words. AND they have so much meaning to me. At the death of my granddaughter 4 years ago, I decided that is what I would do from this point on. This is why I am here, why I lost the weight, why I do this blog, why I have literally slowed down to enjoy my life.
So, slow down, read your material from week one again. Simplify= get rid of the extras.....those empty calorie crap we put in our bodies....yes I said we, I do it too. :) Do you remember that feeling of getting on the scale and the scale number is down? OH YEAH, I do.... I love that feeling....that is what I think of when I want to stray!




Healthy Banana-Oatmeal-Craisin Muffins



Ww Points Plus = 4

http://www.food.com




3 bananas, very ripe
1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
3 tablespoons egg whites
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oat
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup craisins
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ (optional)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spray muffin pan with non-stick baking spray.Add Splenda to the mashed bananas.Blend in the egg whites and the applesauce.Mix together the dry ingredients - baking soda, baking powder, flours, oats and salt.Add to moist mixture.Toss in the craisins and wheat germ, if using.Add to mixture to muffin pan.Bake for 20 minutes at 350

No comments:

Post a Comment