Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rough week...but no excuses

I sure have had my fill of family matters this last week. We more or less spent the whole week at the University of Iowa Hospital. I have had a new granddaughter and another granddaughter has had a kidney surgery. Everyone is home and doing better . I did not let the "cafeteria food" or lack of choices derail me. No treadmill....no problem, give me a pedometer, and all the hallways...away we go. I knew these days were coming so I had packed weeks in advance. Just a note on the bag.." fresh fruit" to remind me of what to grab at the last minute! Those items really helped. Of course you are under added stress so usually you don't eat well, but I weighed in Sat down 1.5 so, all is good. I did pack "snacks" for other family members too, so I actually had a little trouble with one item I had packed for them. A type of granola with fruit. Silly me, I kept catching myself justifying...."you really haven't eaten all your points....you can have that" Well,I did eat well more than I should of, and yes I did throw out the bag of what was left when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment