Wednesday, September 12, 2012



The longer I stick with my Weight Watcher /workout regimen, the more I am realizing that everyday is made up of so many choices when it comes to food. While sometimes we may feel like we don't have options with food, we ALWAYS do, it's just a matter of choosing the right thing.
For me, it all comes down to just how badly I want this new life and new body for myself, and everyday I make choices that reflect that decision, whether they are good or bad choices. I am slowly realizing that if I really want this for myself, there are simply no excuses anymore. If I make a "bad" food decision on a particular day, while it is not the end of the world, in that moment I chose a momentary relapse over my new lifestyle, and from that I cannot expect the results I want. That doesn't mean I have to beat myself up over it, but I have to understand that these moments and their frequency will make or break my success.
I cannot expect good results from bad decisions--that is simply not fair to my body or to myself to expect that, and that really goes for anything in life but especially food. While some things are simply "worth It" on occasion (think of your biggest food weakness--for me, carbs), remember that fat lasts longer than flavor, and every food decision you make reflects just how badly you want this new life for yourself.

Corn, Bacon, and Poblano Pepper Pizza

Ingredients
1 package prepared pizza dough (I used Pillsbury Pizza Crust)
1/2 cup marinara sauce
3 pieces of bacon, cooked crisp
1 ear of corn, roasted and cut off the cob
1 poblano pepper, roasted and sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or goat cheese would be delicious)

Instructions
1. In a saute pan, add non fat cooking spray. Add the onions over low-medium heat and cook until just soft.

2. Roll out the pizza dough to make a thin crust and follow any package directions. For the Pillsbury crust I baked in for 5 minutes at 400 degrees on a cookie sheet and then cooked it on the rack once I added the ingredients.
3. Spread the marinara sauce on the pizza in a thin layer. Then layer on 1/2 of the cheese.
4. Now add the bacon, corn, onions, and poblano peppers and top with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake in the oven according to package directions or until the cheese is nice and bubbly. For the Pillsbury crust, I cooked it for 10 minutes, directly on the rack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment