Wednesday, March 23, 2011

At Weight Watchers, there is no such thing as failures, only feedback!

“There is no such thing as failure there is only feedback”

I really believe this to be true! I really think this is a great motto to live by.Few people know this about me, but I’ve actually failed more times at more things than most people could ever imagine. In part I believe that it’s not my successes which have gotten me to where I am today, it’s been my failures.

I have spent a lot of time analyzing why?.... why did certain things turn out this or that way? And as of late I’m interested in what is the most effective and lasting means of change helping people to ultimately become their best self, which will improve every aspect of their life; including leading a full life of health and happiness.

I still have set backs. I still ask why?, but now I know there is a reason for this. No failure, because I am still trying! I have learned that sometimes your body is speaking to you the only way it knows how. It will just shut down. My numbers are great, I feel good, I look good, I guess.... I think I am over training. My body is telling me......lets take it easy, so I am trying this approach. It is hard for me. I am used to working out daily, vigorously. I will post later more of what is happening with my health.........

This experience was a learning lesson and a reminder that the only true failure is quitting on one’s self. If you are not happy with how you feel or how you look you may want to consider that what you are doing is not working….and it may be time to do something different.


Lemon Cranberry Scones
Servings: 10 • Serving Size: 1 scone • Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 192.5 • Fat: 4.7 g • Protein: 4.3 g • Carb: 33.9 g • Fiber: 2.1 g

2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 cups Ultra grain flour (or 1 cup white, 1 cup whole wheat)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp chilled butter (must be cold) cut into small pieces
3/4 cup dried sweet cranberries or cherries

Position rack in top third of oven; Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Make glaze by combining 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp lemon juice.

Combine buttermilk, remaining lemon juice, sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, and egg in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in chilled butter with a pastry blender, or you could use 2 knives, until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Gently fold in cranberries or cherries. Add buttermilk mixture, stirring just until moist. (dough will be sticky)

Place dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly four times with floured hands. Form dough into an 8-inch circle onto baking sheet, about 3/4" thick. Using a knife, cut dough into 10 wedges (do not cut all the way through). Brush lemon glaze over dough. Bake until golden, about 18-20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Serve warm or room temperature.

If you leave out the dried fruit, the scones are 4 points plus each.

No comments:

Post a Comment