Thursday, January 12, 2012

Binges and all that stuff......




Do you have them....???? binges?~ well if you don't......Um....you are lucky! I will find myself in the middle of this nasty,~ well habit, and feeling COMPLETELY out of control. You can justify every minute, every bite, every purchase! OUT OF CONTROL!!!Hormonal...???probably. I will use the "chic card" here. I am a woman , it is my right to be weird...:)But then the "after" feelings to me are much worse. I feel disgusting. No other word for it. just disgusting. I also feel if I am good all the time....this is my willpower tank saying....."I need something" Do "listen" to your body. It really does speak to you!

Old habits die hard. I'm hearing this a lot, as well as replacing old habits with new habits. And finding it difficult to identify these bad habits is a process in and of itself. Sometimes I don't even know it's a habit, or that it's keeping me from my goals.
A couple of days ago I went through the house and threw out food that could cause me to binge. I went through this whole mental process of thinking this is wasteful, I can handle small amounts, and is this really bad to have around? It's hard for throw away perfectly good "food", but I did anyway and I have another round to go. I have boxes of graham cracks leftover from gingerbread house building, and right now they aren't tempting- I could care less about graham crackers, but I worry about what they could turn into. So I will give them away.
Old habits for me, are thinking "I can handle this", and in the moment I can, but eventually something will pop up and I'll find myself making brownies in the microwave and wondering how that even happened. Steps A to B to eating are a blur to me and I'm left with brownie residue in a mug trying very hard to wash away the evidence.
I'm asking myself, how can I replace these habits and old ways of thinking? It's a challenge, it's hard to question a behavior you've worked hard at protecting.
What habits are you trying to throw away?

WwO Point+ Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup

3 cups nonfat beef broth (beef is the best) or 3 cups nonfat vegetable broth (beef is the best) or 3 cups nonfat chicken broth (beef is the best)
2 garlic cloves , minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cups chopped cabbage
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup green beans
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
salt & pepper
Directions:
1Spray pot with non stick cooking spray saute onions carrots and garlic for 5 minutes.2Add broth, Tomato paste, cabbage, green beans, basil, oregano and Salt & Pepper to taste.3Simmer for a about 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender then add the zucchini and simmer for another 5 or so minutes.4I have tried different variations. Leaving out green beans. Adding chopped green onions in addition to the yellow onion.5All very good. You can customise it a bit.

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/ww-0-point-weight-watchers-cabbage-soup-128956#ixzz1jGcl2e6G

No comments:

Post a Comment