Tuesday, January 3, 2012

YOU ARE IMPORTANT!!!!! What I have done~




"Tell everyone you're on WW and go to meetings and participate. Screw being embarrassed. Embrace that YOU are doing something to be healthier and look better while others continue to talk about it."

"My best strategy for achieving/maintaining a healthy weight for me is to use smaller plates -- my daily plate size is 7 inches across ... I can fill up that plate to overflowing, but still because it is small the portion size isn't too much."

"My best strategy for achieving/maintaining a healthy weight for me is ... taking the decisions out of eating. I make one or two healthy dishes over the weekend and package them in single serving portions. That's what I eat for dinner all week long." (chicken, chili, hamburgers)

"My best strategy for achieving/maintaining a healthy weight for me is exercise! I exercise at least one hour 5 days a week."

"My best strategy for achieving/maintaining a healthy weight for me is to use the Weight Watchers on line tools. Etools is my friend! :)It's the easiest way for me to make myself keep an accurate log."

"My best strategy for achieving/maintaining a healthy weight for me is to keep that food diary/points faithfully. It's really hard to lie to yourself about how much you've eaten if it's written right there on the page."

"Probably my best tip is when eating out - NEVER have the salad dressing that 'comes with' - I carry fat free in my purse (I don't trust that their idea of "lite" is the same as mine), or I ask for 4 or 5 lemon wedges that I squeeze over the salad. That's surprisingly good!"

"My best strategy for achieving/maintaining a healthy weight for me is ... to plan my meals. I usually shop on Saturdays and cut veggies and cook meats for 3 - 4 days worth of meal. I'll freeze what I don't plan to eat in that time so that it can be thawed out when I don't have time to plan/prepare."
I hope you enjoy these tips and recipes I post.

So today I had 4 bananas staring out at me. They were too ripe to eat but I couldn’t possibly add them to the 8 other bananas already frozen in my freezer. Maybe it’s time to stop buying so many bananas. Knowing how delicious stove top apples can be, I decided to try it out with bananas and it came out great. I ate mine for lunch with some Greek yogurt but I think tonight I may try it over chocolate ice cream. They would also be great over pudding, cake, or even just smeared on some toast.

Honey Almond Bananas
Points: 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
Servings: 4
Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Nutritional Info: 171 calories, 3.3 g fat, 36.9 g carbohydrates, 3.8 g fiber, 2.6 g protein

Ingredient
4 bananas, sliced
2 tbsp honey
1/4 diced almonds (coconut would also be delicious)
Cinnamon to taste (or pumpkin pie spices also work)
A sprinkling of sea salt (if you like sweet and salty)

Instructions
1. Spray a small non stick pot with cooking spray. Add the bananas, honey, almonds, and cinnamon. Stir together.

2. Cook over very low heat for 25-35 minutes until they are caramelized and yummy. Add a touch of sea salt if you choose. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment