Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hot....sweat is our friend!!!!







......again....we could use every excuse in the book. Yes, it is hot....get over it. Think about flippin' January if you have to.
Ok I admit it......I never sweat. Instead, a light film of glistening moisture begins to cover my skin as my workout progresses from the warm-up to a more intense stage......until this morning.........sweatin' is exactly what I was doing as(ok this is gross and graphic) I was walking this morning it was dripping down the middle of the "tatas" and the small of my back! But, I lived through it....I actually liked it! I do sweat from time to time, but I had a mini heat stroke once, that is all it took to ruin me from the heat. I work out very early to USUALLY avoid getting too over heated.
Just get out and work at it....work at exercise, work at a new lifestyle,work at new recipes, work at making YOU a better you! As I have blogged before, you don't want to look back in 1 year and say...."hmmmm where COULD I have been if I would of stuck it out?" hell, 6 months....no....1 month...... the changes in just one month can change your mindset completely! I actually knew with in a couple of weeks of starting W.W. that this was it! I felt empowered....in charge....I liked myself!....I never thought I would say that...I like myself! Wow! Look what a lifestyle change with the help of Weight Watchers has done for me....EVERYTHING!!!
Ok I do understand if you don't want to get out in the heat...I WILL NOT judge you!!!
~Be realistic: Keep yourself motivated by simply giving yourself a break. If you miss a day of exercise, try not to obsess over the missed opportunity to burn calories. Instead, get back out there and sweat after a good day’s rest tomorrow!!!! Do not wait too long though....remember where will you be in.....?????
Love you all who are my readers...had a great day of compliments yesterday! YOU INSPIRE ME!!!!!! You are why I am here! xxoo el




The exact nutritional and Weight Watchers POINTS values will depend on what type of pasta you use ? regular, whole wheat or low carb. I recommend using nutritious whole wheat pasta for the taste and health benefits, though the low carb pastas are delicious and healthy, too.


Penne Pasta Salad

Serves 6 ~ 8 Points plus
1 12-ounce box of low carb or whole wheat penne pasta
1 cup diced tomatoes ? use Roma and/or yellow tomatoes
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
8 ounces mozzarella, diced
1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped fine
1/2 cup no fat Italian salad dressing


Directions:



Cook penne as directed until the pasta is al dente (firm but cooked through) ? about 13-15 minutes.
Prepare a large bowl or pan with ice water ? enough to cover the cooked pasta.
Drain the pasta and immediately submerge it in the ice water to stop the cooking process. If necessary, change out the water or add more ice to cool down the noodles.
Chop tomatoes, mozzarella and basil and place in a large serving bowl.
Add cooled noodles.
Cover with Italian dressing and toss to coat.
Chill salad in refrigerator until it?s time to serve.
Toss salad once more before serving.

Calories 326
Calories from Fat 80
Total Fat 8.9g
Saturated Fat 4.9g
Cholesterol 21mg
Sodium 498mg
Total Carbohydrates 45.6g
Dietary Fiber 6.7g
Sugars 3.0g
Protein 19.5g
Vitamin A 14%
Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 31%
Iron 17%


No comments:

Post a Comment