Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If you want it enough, you can make it happen.


....are you there yet?....are you sick and tired of being ....sick and tired!

Here are some realities I’ve discovered through about 45 years of fighting with obesity and learning to live in weight maintenance.
Obesity is not fun. The realities of struggling with lowered energy levels, the inability the fit into clothes or cars properly, the sad realities of medical problems such as high blood pressure, increased risk of cardiovascular disease and joint problems beat me up throughout the years.
Weight maintenance is not a temporary moment in time, but rather a permanent moment in time.
Weight loss is less about “talking about it” and more about “doing it.”
Weight maintenance is all about doing the right things — most of the time.
Obesity caused me to shrink from life at times, leaving me with fewer friends then I really wanted.
Weight maintenance gives me freedom from constantly worrying that people only “see” my weight rather than my personality.
I tell you all of these things to give you something to think about this week. Weight loss, obesity and most of the associated downsides can be temporary if you turn your life around now. I’d encourage you to examine whether you are standing in your own way from getting where you want to be. Banish your excuses, make a newly renewed commitment to achieving your goals, and share your passion with someone you care about.






The Pineapple Bun
By: Roni | Posted in: 6 WWP, 6 WWPP,


This isn’t a recipe just an idea I had to share. I can’t believe how good it was!

I’ve never had grilled pineapple. Can you believe it? I just never really had the desire to grill it before. When you love something raw sometimes it doesn’t occur to you to cook it. Why mess with a good thing?

Well, I was wrong.



Grilled pineapple is fantabulous! It’s warm, sweet and meaty. Sandwich a burger patty in-between and you’ve got a whole twist on dinner. Sure, sometimes I want to pick up a burger on a bun but other times I want to have a little fun. This was fun.

4 oz lean beef
2 slices of pineapple about 1/2 in thick
Grill the patty according to your taste. I’m a medium-rare girl myself. Halfway though cooking add the pineapple to the grill. Grill about 3-4 minutes a side.

Remove everything from the grill and sandwich the patty between the 2 slices of pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment