Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Beginnings






Are you doing great this year with your weight loss? How is it REALLY going....well, if you are like the majority of people...New Years resolutions do not work. But New Beginnings do. Yep they do, because this on your clock, your time line. YOU ARE IN CHARGE!


Thank goodness for new beginnings. This last week I really gave myself a new start. I set my goals for the year and decided that this year is MY year. I am going to achieve what I deserve this year. It is a new beginning and it will have a new ending for me!

I have started "a new"....yes, there are times when we all need to TWEAK our plan. I was getting a few too many "EXTRAS".....those little things we do not track..salad dressing, Parmesan cheese, Fruits/vegetables(yeah you read that right) ~yes I am a Weight Watcher, those items are supposed to be free....NOTHING is free people! NOTHING! You eat the good health guidelines for these which are for fruits and vegetables 5 servings( leafy 1 cup/other 1/2 cup)....ha....I need more veggie servings..sorry weight watchers. I really do....anywho....ok where was I~ OK all the extra little items that I also refer to as amnesia foods(toppings for salads, creamer,sugar sweetener)....~always forgotten...:)Sooo. I am tracking everything. And just plain simple...have renewed motivation. I am so lucky I can do this and not fall off the wagon and crash.
I am going through menopause....I hate life, me, and everything else some days. I can also jump up 5 to 10 pounds like nothing! ugh!

If you haven’t made your new beginning yet, don’t wait. Start today, start now, just start. Your new beginning is waiting for you!

Homemade Granola Bars-
Ingredients:

■1 cup oat flour* (or 1 cup oats finely ground in food processor or blender)
■1 tsp baking powder
■1/2 tsp baking soda
■1/2 tsp salt
■1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
■2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
■1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
■1 large egg
■1/4 cup honey
■1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
■1/2 tsp vanilla extract
■2 cups quick oats
■1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
■1/2 cup raisins
■1/2 cup chopped pecans
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°; Spray a 9 x9 pan with oil. If you have parchment paper, you might want to line the pan with the paper first, and then spray the paper. This just makes it easier to get the bars out of the pan.

In a medium bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

In a large bowl, with a mixer cream together the butter and the sugar on medium speed.

Add the egg followed by the honey, applesauce and vanilla extract.

Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the chocolate chips, raisins and nuts.

Spoon oats onto prepared baking dish, flattening to make even. Bake for about 23-25 minutes, or until light brown at the edges. They will seem soft and undercooked, but once they cool they will set completely.

Cool completely on a wire rack then refrigerate before cutting. This will help them hold together better. To cut use a long serrated bread knife and cut in a sawing motion.

Makes 16 granola bars at 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus each.

Try them with different ingredients such as M & M’s, coconut, peanut butter chips, etc… Just remember to adjust the Points Plus values accordingly.


from itsuxtobefat

No comments:

Post a Comment