Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Walk the walk and talk the talk..




Take your own advise.........do you walk the walk....or talk the talk? OR BOTH???



It is very easy to just tell someone what to do. It is another to actually do it. When I decided to do this blog, I really wanted to do it for me....not thinking anyone would read what I blabber about. I wanted to learn something with every post. Well, I do. I am surprised at the stats of how many actually visit my blog. So that really inspires me.



I do blog about what I know...and what I want to know. I know I do not like to exercise, but I do know it works and is very important. I know "clean eating" is where it is at. Yes, I do eat some processed food. This is a daily process for me...everyday I am making me better! I know I love to help others. I know if I reach just one person, that will be enough! I know we all struggle. I know this weight battle will be a battle forEVER! Losing the weight is hard...very hard. Keeping it off ...well it sometimes sux! So, we are in this together. I will research and grow with you all. We will blossom together. We are Champions! Weight Awareness Champions! xxoo el





Weight Watchers Macaroni and Cheese Cupcakes
Points: 3 weight watchers pointsplus
Servings: 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 cupcake

Ingredients
3 cups of cooked high fiber pasta (I used elbows)
1 cup cooked, drained spinach
1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese*
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese*
1 cup 1% milk
1 egg
1 egg white
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1 clove of crushed garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
*any of your favorite cheese would work and you can lower calories with reduced fat versions

Directions
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or cooking spray. I prefer cupcake liners because they are easier to get out.
2. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Slowly whisk in the flour to make a roux. This will help thicken the sauce.
3. Add in the milk and garlic bring it to just under a boil. Slowly whisk in the cheese and continue to cook until the cheese sauce comes together.
4. Pull the cheese sauce off the stove and mix in one egg and one egg white. Adding eggs will help the cupcakes to stay together.
5. In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, spinach, cheese sauce, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture into your cupcake tin evenly.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the macaroni and cheese cupcakes get brown on the top. Enjoy as a great lunch, fun appetizer, and treat!

Shortcut: Don’t have time to make the cheese sauce? Instead you can just mix the cheese, milk, garlic, egg, and egg white into the pasta just after it was cooked and it is still warm. The cheese will just begin to melt. Stir in the spinach, salt, and pepper and then bake. The texture will be a little less creamy but they are just as delicious!







Weight Watchers Savory Red Pepper Feta Muffins
Points: 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
Servings: 12
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Ingredients
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup white flour
2/3 cup reduced fat feta cheese
1 small to medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp tomato paste
2/3 cup skim milk
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 egg


Instructions

1.Preheat the oven to 4oo degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
2.Spray a medium sauce pan with cooking spray and saute the onions, garlic, and red pepper until soft. Remove from the heat and place in a small bowl to let cool.
3.Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, pepper, and oregano and stir together to remove clumps.
4.Beat your egg well and mix together with milk, tomato paste, pepper and onion mixture, and feta cheese.
5.Mix together the dry flour mixture with the wet egg mixture until just mixed.
6.Pour into muffin tin and cook for 14-16 minutes until golden brown on the top.
7.Let cool for 15 minutes and remove from muffin tin. These are great warm or on the go at room temperature
www.slenderkitchen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment