Thursday, November 4, 2010

Drink more water.

This time of year it gets harder & harder for me to get in my water. I love water but I am cold all the time, so I think water makes me colder~~~hmm...so I try to drink warmer water. That may sound gross to you, but it works for me. Ok also, I will share this....I keep a glass in the bathroom. I have measured this glass so I know how much I am getting every time. When I uh....get rid of shall we say some "water" I just get the glass & fill it up & drink it as I wash my hands. Believe me it works AMAZINGLY!!!! You will get your water in!! :)

1. Drinking water enhances fat loss
Water is an essential nutrient. If you’re trying to lose weight, this can’t be ignored. You won’t be able to lose weight without water to flush out the by-products of fat breakdown.
In many cases, fatigue, headaches and back pain may be caused by dehydration

2. If you suffer from an afternoon nod off, try drinking more water at lunch. If you or your children complain of frequent headaches, the amount of water you’re drinking could be responsible. And, muscle spasms are also caused by not being adequately hydrated

3.Try drinking water before your regular meals and see if it helps you cut down on the amount of food you eat. It really works as an effective appetite suppressant.

4. Look younger - drinking water hydrates your skin
When the skin is properly hydrated, it looks plump and more radiant. Water will keep the toxins flushed out and help you to cool off through perspiration. Muscles need to have enough water to make them look full too. Deprive yourself of water and you’ll see the difference in the mirror.




Skinny Nachos with Turkey, Beans and Cheese
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: about 14 chips • Points: 7 ww pts
Calories: 347 • Fat: 9.4 g • Protein: 27.1 g • Carb: 40.6 g • Fiber: 7.1 g


4 oz baked tortilla chips (I used Baked Tostitos Scoops)
8 oz 99% lean turkey breast
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 cup fat free spicy black bean dip
1 1/3 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese like Weight Watchers
2 cups pico de gallo salsa
1/2 cup light sour cream
2/3 cup fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 425°. Place 1 oz (about 14) chips on four oven-proof dishes or one large baking sheet.


Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over high heat. Add turkey. Season with cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through, breaking up meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon. When cooked, add bean dip and mix well.

Spoon the turkey mixture over the chips and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake until cheese melts, about 6 minutes.

Remove the nachos from the oven, top with pico de gallo, sour cream, cilantro and jalepeños. Serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment