Monday, November 8, 2010

I've come a long way.........

but, I have not arrived.
I feel that this is a daily learning experience. I am not sure I will "arrive" .....ever. I hope not. I always hope to be learning & growing everyday! I have learned so much from people who read my blog ~& send me messages,questions, etc. , & my Weight Watcher friends. You all amaze me....I learn so much in class! You are what keeps me going on this journey, this path I call~"defining myself." Thank~you to you for this.

The best thing you can do to keep yourself healthy is to eat a healthy diet…all the time, not just when you want to lose weight. Eating healthy is a long-term lifestyle choice, something you are going to do for your entire lifetime.


I always tell people that Weight Watchers is not easy but it’s simple. It’s your mind that makes it hard. It’s a simple formula. It’s not food that’s the enemy. It’s your emotional issues, physical issues, and mental issues that you have to overcome.

When you're frustrated, focus on how far you've come rather than on how far you have to go.
((hugs))
~~~~~~
These chocolate chip meringue cookies are a wonderful alternative to standard chocolate chip cookies. They are chocolaty, light and airy and melt in your mouth. A great chocolate fix! If you make them the night before, they are chewy the next day, and even chewier the next, which is how I like them. These are also great if you are gluten free diet. I bought liquid egg whites from Trader Joe's which made this easier to make. My 16 year old daughter, who is my guest baker for all things sweet made these, so if she can do it, so can you.

Chocolate Chip Clouds
This recipe was adapted from Hershey's Kitchens
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 30 • Serving Size: 1 cookie • Calories: 46 • Points: 1

9 tbsp egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons Cocoa
1 cup Chocolate Chips
Heat oven to 300°F. Cover cookie sheet with silpat or nonstick silicone pad.

Using a mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together in large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar a little at a time, then vanilla, beating well after each addition until you get stiff peaks, the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is glossy.

Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture; gently fold until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop mixture by tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Makes 30 cookies.

Bake 35 to 45 minutes or just until dry. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Store covered, at room temperature

1 comment:

  1. I love how you worded that. That sums eating and weight perfectly.
    those cookies look to die for.

    ReplyDelete