Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Above all else.....be honest with yourself!






"Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise."

Being honest with yourself requires a couple of basic skills, both of which can be deliberately coaxed along and developed as a function of self motivation.
*The first is that we must look into two mirrors, one on the wall and the other in our mind's eye and try hard to see ourselves as we really are. We will never see ourselves precisely as others do because each set of eyes perceives everything in a subjective fashion, but starting with an honest self assessment is a good place to begin.
*The second requires the courage to ask others who we feel close to how they see and experience us. This can be a rather awkward process for many people but is of the essence if developing a fuller and more honest picture of yourself. Listening and soaking the feedback of others in can be one of the most difficult things we ever do - But, it is not a negotiable requirement.


You know what I'm saying.....be honest.......write down all BLTs (bites licks tastes!)~ be honest....man up to say, No, I can't work out today....but that is OK! ~Be honest....uh yeah , those pants are getting a little tight! ~Just be honest! Our clothes don't....um....forget! :) It is OK....& I feel really ok to every once in a while~~~ go backwards. But just learn from it! This helps me get back on track. It helps me know I CAN get back on track. How many many many times have we NOT?!!!! Tooo many to count! So to me it is empowering to see me ~ well, fall & brush myself off & go again! YES! I CAN DO IT!!!! Just because I have lost the weight do not mean the battle is won....I will fight this fight everyday!

I really am having a time with enjoying exercise. Sometimes I really enjoy it. I USUALLY feel better after~~~~ But, right now....not so much! But at least today, unlike last week I actually felt better when I worked out.! kind of......I have had a nasty cold ...or sinus...or allergy crap(probably a combo of all) Anywho~~~Taylor & I walked 2 miles today! She loves the outdoors!












Potato skins for breakfast? Why not! Potato skins stuffed with scrambled eggs, ham, pepper, onion and topped with reduced fat cheddar cheese, it's a perfect breakfast combination.

Western Omelet Potato Skins
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 2 • Serving Size: 2 skins • Points: 6 pts
Calories: 305.1 • Fat: 7.6 g • Protein: 17.5 g • Carb: 54.7 g • Fiber: 2.7 g

2 medium russet potatoes
olive oil spray
2 large eggs
3 egg whites
2 tbsp fat free milk
2 thin slices lean ham, chopped
2 tbsp chopped onion
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
salt and fresh pepper
4 tbsp reduced fat cheddar cheese

Pierce potato with a fork a few times all around. Place in microwave and cook about 5 minutes per potato. When finished, allow to cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes in half horizontally. Scoop out potatoes leaving about 1/4 inch thick wall. (Skins weigh 2.5 oz after scooped)




In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add onion, pepper and ham and mix well. Spray a medium nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and cook the eggs, mixing often.



Heat oven to 450°. Lightly spray potato skins on both sides with oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Fill with eggs and top each one with 1 tbsp cheese. Place on a baking sheet and bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted

No comments:

Post a Comment