Thursday, September 2, 2010

Concentrate on accomplishments...not excuses






It is so easy to make excuses. ~~~~

I'm too tired, its too hot, its too cold, I'm not in the mood.....the list can go on & on. You can make the choice to live that life....or you can live the flip side......
Your accomplishments are great! Whether they are big or small they are great! Don't let anyone tell you any different. An example could be you might decide to walk a mile~or~ change from regular iceberg lettuce to leafy greens~ or decide you will journal better, or train & run a marathon. These are all great accomplishments.
Brag on them -be proud you have worked for this!!....E-mail me
mailto:bobelhiemstra@yahoo.com)~~~ I will brag you up, because I know how hard this is EVERYDAY!!!!!
Don't you just love the awards W.W. gives us? I do~~ I display them proudly!!!!

You must be clear about your destination before you start your journey - otherwise you may cover thousands of miles, thinking you're moving fast and creating success, only to end up in a place that can never satisfy you. And that's when you'll realize that your long journey was full of empty accomplishments - and that, perhaps, everything you'd ever dreamed of had been right around the corner.



Think strongly, live purposefully, attempt fearlessly, and accomplish masterfully!





I really have always had a hard time saying anything good about myself. Or hearing from people...you did well.



A deeper trap, though, is not so much that other people don’t recognize and acknowledge our achievements, but that we ourselves don’t. I’m someone who likes instant results; I’m not patient . Because of this, I’ve started consciously recording and celebrating my achievements, so that I realize that my hard work is paying off and that I am making progress


Another benefit that I found through the tougher early months was that writing down my achievements at the end of each month helped me to focus on the areas where I was improving and getting somewhere. Sometimes I had to scrape a bit for things to record, but it helped me get through some difficult months


I have a small leather-bound notebook, in which I devote a page a month to my achievements list. This suits me well; it doesn’t take much time, but it provides a permanent record which I intend to keep adding to over the next decade (the notebook has plenty of pages!)

Something I’m considering for the future, though, is also having a scrapbook or folder for achievements. This might be a good form of record if your achievements are in the form of news clippings or printed magazine pieces, pieces of artwork, or photographs.

You don’t necessarily have to use words in your record. If you’re tracking your progress towards a fitter, healthier body, for instance, your achievements record could take the form of monthly photographs and measurements.

Don’t Forget to Celebrate:
Pick Some Rewards~~
Something which I intend to start doing more is to pick rewards for reaching milestones. I find that this is both an encouragement to work hard towards a goal, and also a way to acknowledge that I really have achieved something of significance. It’s so easy to treat our achievements lightly, or to feel that they don’t matter because they wouldn’t be “big” in the eyes of the world.



Taco Chicken Chili


■Servings: 8

■Calories: 200

■Fat: 4

■WW Points: 4 weight watcher points
Ingredients

1 onion - chop/cut it up
1 can black beans (16 ounces)
1 can kidney beans (16 ounces)
1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
1 package corn kernels
2 cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (14 ounces)
1 packet of spicy or mild taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder
24 0z. boned and skinned chicken breasts
chili peppers, chopped (if you want spicy)
Diced up cilantro

Instructions

1.Combine most of the ingredients (the beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning) in a crock pot
2.Set the skinned and boned chicken on top & cover it.
3.Cook on low heat for 10 hours, also you could do it quicker on high heat for 6 hours.
4.30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken and rip it up. Then put the chicken back into the slow cooker and mix in. Top the chili with fresh cilantro. Feel free to utilize low fat cheese and sour cream as a topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment