Thursday, July 8, 2010

Craving.......

Julie asked this week, "What do you crave ..OTHER than food?" I have been contemplating this question all week. Well, my answer is.........please others.... huh?

CRAVING.........an intense, urgent, or abnormal desire or longing.


My family I think ~ thinks exercise is...:) I agree :)


Well eating & and pleasing get me in trouble!! As we all know , you can't please everyone....oh Lord I know that. So when I cant make everyone happy, I get frustrated, then I would.....you guessed it, eat! So, I have been thinking. I really love doing something new to me...blogging. This is so much fun! I have learned so much myself. But I love the wonderful feedback from my followers. Thank-you! So, I guess, I'm still pleasing...:) I do research on a topic each day. I challenge myself to try a new recipe! OMG its therapy!!! Haha!

Women who blame themselves for their food cravings only worsen their mood and increase their need for serotonin. That’s when a pattern of emotional eating can develop. Remember, there are biological causes of sugar cravings, and your carbohydrate craving is rarely just a behavioral problem. The root problem is more likely inadequate nutrition.
Serotonin is our basic feel-good hormone. Hormonal imbalance or weak digestion can lead to low serotonin. Unfortunately, sugars and simple carbohydrates release a short burst of serotonin — we feel good for a moment, but soon return to our low-serotonin state — then crave more sugar and simple carbohydrates.
Another cause of food cravings is adrenal fatigue. If you are under a great deal of stress, or suffer from insomnia or sleep deprivation, you are probably exhausted much of the time. This leads to adrenal fatigue or outright adrenal exhaustion, which in turn signals the body it needs a pick-me-up. You may resort to sugar or carbohydrate snacks or coffee during the day and carbohydrates or alcohol at night, all of which exacerbate the problem.
Learning how to listen to your body is a vital step to living an active and healthy lifestyle. Women who blame themselves for their food cravings only worsen their mood and increase their need for serotonin. That’s when a pattern of emotional eating can develop. Remember, there are biological causes of sugar cravings, and your carbohydrate craving is rarely just a behavioral problem. The root problem is more likely inadequate nutrition.
To reduce food cravings, the body needs real support — and lots of it. Eating healthy foods, eating breakfast every day (skipping breakfast can make cravings worse), taking nutritional supplements, moderate exercise and lots of emotional support can almost miraculously curb cravings. Your metabolism will heal itself when provided with the necessary nutritional support. If it has been damaged, the process can take some time, but it will happen.










Weight Watchers Blueberry Ice Cream
Makes 8 servings

Ingredients
1 pint blueberries, picked over
1/3 cup sugar
1 pinch salt
2 cups fat-free half-and-half
1/3 cup fat free sour cream
3/4 cup marshmallow creme

Preparation
1. Place the blueberries, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, smashing and stirring the berries, until the mixture boils (about 5 minutes). Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionaly, until the berries are soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
2. Transfer the berries to a blender or food processor and add the half and half. Puree until smooth.
3. Pour mixture through a strainer into a medium bowl; whisk in the sour cream (don’t worry about lumps - they’ll disappear in the ice cream maker).
4. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
5. Whisk the marshmallow creme into the mixture (don’t worry about lumps) and pour into an ice cream maker. Freeze according to your machine’s directions. If possible, let the ice cream harden in the freezer at least 1 hour before serving.

WW POINTS per serving: 3
Nutritional information per serving: 174 calories, 1.2g fat, 1.2g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment