Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Feeling like.....crap

I have been feeling like crap for 3 weeks now. I have really been noticing the last few days it is finally getting to my immune system. I have lost my energy, which is so not like me now. I believe it is allergies & sinus crap , but I am on an antibiotic now, we will see how soon I get feeling better. This has really ...well, honestly..... sucked. This reminds me how I USED to feel EVERYDAY! I really hated that! I have not walked or done any cardio for 4-5 days. Last night, I told myself I cant keep this up, no matter what I was going to exercise, well, usually exercise makes me feel better, well.....I must be sick. I felt way worse after I did a 1/2 hour with my p90x new best friends...:/ I felt like I had run a marathon!
Hopefully the antibiotic kicks in soon!!!!!
This has been a great wake up call. I NEVER want to go back to this everyday! I call that my lazy butt syndrome. I was always ready to go to bed. Sleeping my life away! Always thinking every night...tomorrow will be the day I get on track, tomorrow will be the day I start my diet, tomorrow......well finally tomorrow came, a lot of hard work later but, I did keep my promise to myself. I wanted to take care of me & my family!!! So I did!!!
Assuming most of my readers are women, I know how easy it is to put yourselves on the back burner-- being a very guilty people pleaser myself, I admit the last person I take care of is ME.

No more~~~~~~~~~~ Its so important to make "YOU" # 1 ~~~~~~
Please send the good health fairy my way!!!!! :)





Oatmeal Pecan Lace Cookies

2 cookies....1 pt. :)

1 1/4 cup oatmeal

1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)

1/2 cup chopped pecans (I’d toast these for 4 minutes on 350*)

1 teaspoon baking powder


1/8 Tablespoon salt

1/3 cup butter (melted)

1 egg ~beaten

1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Preheat oven to 350* and cover a cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Mix oats, sugar, baking powder, pecans and salt together in a large bowl until well mixed. (you can mix with a wooden spoon!)

Add butter, egg and vanilla to oat mixture; mix well.

Drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto prepared cookie sheets and flatten each out, leaving at least 2-inches between each cookie. (These a small cookies Peeps but that’s ok)

Bake cookies until edges turn golden, about 8 to 12 minutes. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Yields 2 cookies per serving.(1 Weight Watcher’s point per serving)
See the crispy edges? And the center is chewy! Both crispy and chewy in a single cookie!!! And they’re figure friendly! They take about 5 minutes to make and like I said, you don’t need a mixer. Just a quick and easy after school snack or after dinner treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment