Thursday, July 15, 2010

To go or not to go............

To go or not to go to Weight Watcher meetings???.......... I'm sure this is a question many of you ask yourself. Even if you are a paying member, or someone just wanting to start. " Do I need to go today?" "I'm so tired....I'm so busy""I can do this on my own!"....Really? Is that true? I myself , need the accountability as I have blogged before. I need the interaction with all my friends & fellow W.W. members. I get a ton of ideas~each week!!! Most of all I need Julie!!!!!! I am lucky enough to absolutely love my leader. I am so lucky to have had her help me on this journey. So, all I can say, find a class, get to know the people & your leader, this might not happen over night!! Be an involved member! (talk ~share your tips & ideas, you never know who you will touch!!) I am always touched when a fellow member comes to me to tell me something I have said helped them!!! That's Amazing!!



START SOON....IMAGINE WHERE YOU WILL BE A YEAR FROM NOW!!!!!



The meetings provide a way for dieters to vent about their frustrations, share what is working for them and what isn’t and receive feedback from other members of the group. The feedback can be immensely helpful to those who are struggling to lose weight. Hearing from others who are in the same boat and listening to what works for them might give you some valuable insight into your own weight loss journey. And when weight loss becomes a struggle, having a shoulder to lean on is extremely comforting.
Knowing that you have to attend a Weight Watchers meeting and weigh in helps to hold dieters accountable for their weight loss. It is too easy to slack off on your diet or hide from the scale when you are doing it on your own. After all, who will know but you? Weight Watchers meetings ensure that you will have to face the scale and be held accountable.







MIXED GRILLED VEGETABLES~~~~~

POINTS Value: 2
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Works with Simply Filling

Preparing vegetables doesn’t get any easier than grilling them. Change the dried seasonings to complement your main meal. And use fresh herbs and spices




Ingredients

2 piece(s) corn on the cob, shucked and split in half
1/4 pound(s) uncooked string beans, trimmed
1/2 pound(s) baby carrots
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Instructions
Preheat grill to medium.


Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until well coated. Place a large piece of aluminum foil (about 24 X 18-inches) on a flat surface. Spoon vegetables onto foil; wrap foil around vegetables to form a seal. (Or spoon vegetables into a pan, cover and cook on grill.)


Grill 4 to 6 inches from heat until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Yields 1/4 of vegetables per serving.








This is a nice alternative to the usual apple pie. The apple and caramel flavors mix together great!

Weight Watchers Caramel Apple Tart
Makes 8 servings

Caramel Apple Tart recipe Ingredients

2 medium tart green apples (peeled, cored, and thinly sliced)
1 pre-made refrigerated pie crust
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup caramel apple dip
2 tablespoons apple jelly
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon cinnamon
powdered sugar


Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Let the pie crust stand to room temperature.
3. Mix together the apple slices sugar, lemon zest and cinnamon; toss to coat.
4. Unfold the pie crust; place on a baking sheet.
5. Spread the caramel apple dip over the crust to within 2 inches of edge.
6. Place the apple mixture over the caramel; sprinkle with pecans.
7. Fold the crust sides about 2 inches up and over the apples, folding where necessary.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes.
9. Melt the apple jelly in a pan over low heat.
10. Remove the tart from the oven and brush the jelly over the entire tart (including the pastry).
11. Sift powdered sugar over the tart before serving.
W.W Points per serving 3

No comments:

Post a Comment