Monday, July 19, 2010

This is what I do........ about a plateau

Take your daily points and x by 7 for a weekly total. Now, NEVER have the same amount of points two days in a row, mix it up. For instance, one day go under your daily point, the next go over, the next have your daily point, etc. at the end of the week you shouldn't have gone over your weekly point balance. This will make you ...HOPEFULLY never plateau. ( this was actually done & suggested by a Dr.) It is so important NOT to eat the same everyday. (which I'm bad at) Your body gets used to the same old same old. Don't let yourself get sick of eating the same thing either. Keep it new & fun!!


I'm sure Weight Watchers would not agree to this. I do follow the plan to a T but I do switch it up a bit!!!


A few other great ideas I found.......

Strength Training
If you are not doing this as part of your program or lifestyle, then it's time to start. Working your muscles will help to strengthen bone tissue, increase lean mass, and ultimately boost metabolic rate.

Change Your Exercise Routine
So you go walking a lot? Then try jogging, or swimming, or cycling -- anything that will change the way your body is working. If you are doing low intensity cardio work, then try some high intensity exercise

Alter Macro-nutrient Intake
Although it sounds complicated, once again, the idea is to change what you are eating. If (for example) you are eating a moderate diet that is higher in carbs - try eating less carbs and more protein. There is no need to get super-technical over the whole thing. If you have a carbohydrate snack every day at morning tea time - change it to a protein snack. Whatever you are doing consistently - try mixing it up a bit.

Change Meal Frequency
If you are eating three square meals a day - start adding snacks in between (which may mean reducing the portion size of the main meals). Eating often is an old and common style of eating - once again, you are trying to boost your metabolic rate.

I know all that - What else is there?
Some of us seem to have more adaptive bodies than others. I remember when I was eating a fairly rigid diet, having three strength training sessions per week, and as much as seven (often intense) cardio sessions a week. After 3-4 weeks - the fat simply stopped coming off. The frustration was enough to make me take my meal plans (stuck to the fridge), screw them up and throw them away in disgust. I was furious and disappointed. I felt that I was doing everything "right". So what was the answer?

Chill out and back off... I was becoming obsessional. I started eating more, and gradually reduced my cardio levels. I gave my body and mind a break. In the process I have learned to eat more intuitively. Every person is unique, and we must learn how our individual body responds - and how to work with that.





Cauliflower Cheese

Serves: 6
Calories/serving: 191
WW points per serving: 3


1 oz butter
1/2 onion, peeled and finley chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeld and finley chopped
8oz cauliflower, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
4oz Parmesan cheese grated
5 ~bacon, cooked until crisp the crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Heat the butter in a frying pan

Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion turns golden. Add the cauliflower and continue to saute for 1 minute more. Transfer to a bowl and add the eggs, Parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon.
2. Mix well then spoon into a buttered baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment