Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What is success?

“Success is liking yourself,
liking what you do,
and liking how you do it.”

Sometimes I think we only frame “success” as hitting a certain number on the scale or squeezing into a specific size jeans but it is SO much more than that. True success comes from falling in love with the process. Loving who you are the way you are and recognizing that life is happening now, regardless of your size.
I may not be perfect, & neither are my methods of losing weight. But I'm who I am, I still struggle with worrying what people think of me. But I am me, that's who I like now! I am working at this, loving this. Loving who & what this journey is helping me become. I really do like what I do also, I like exercise, I like eating fruits, veggies.....good stuff...:), I like being healthy! That is what brings me to liking how I do it,~~~ its fun!!! ~~~~~I love to feel the feeling at the end of a workout, or the end of the day.....A job well done! ~~~~A day well done!!! That is huge for me. What I hate~~~ the feeling laying there in bed before falling a sleep....full..... lazy.... sick....tired.... sick & tired!!!!!



~~~~Success is a stairway not a doorway~~~~

Four Bean Enchiladas



Yields: 16 enchiladas 3.5 pts per enchilada

This dish is a snap to prepare! Better Homes & Gardens recommends kidney, pinto, garbanzo, and navy beans, but you can use any combination of beans that you like. I usually cut this recipe in half and make 8 enchiladas. Two enchiladas makes for a fantastic 7-pt Mexican dinner.


Ingredients:

16 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 (15-oz) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15-oz) can navy or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 (11-oz) can condensed cheddar or nacho cheese soup
1 (10-oz) can enchilada sauce (found by taco items in grocery store)
1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
1½ cups (6-oz) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese

Optional Garnish ~Sliced pitted ripe olives ~Chopped green pepper

Directions:

Stack tortillas and wrap tightly in foil. Bake in a 350° oven for 10 minutes or until warm.

For filling, combine beans (rinsed and drained) with cheese soup. Spoon about 1/3 cup filling onto one end of each tortilla. Starting at the end with the filling, roll up each tortilla. Ar range tortillas, seam side down, in 2 (2-quart) rectangular baking dishes.

In a bowl, stir together the enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Pour over tortillas. Cover with foil. Bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes or til heated through. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese, and bake, uncovered, about 5 more minutes or til cheese melts. If desired, sprinkle with olives and green pepper.

Yields: 16 tortillas (3.5 points per enchilada)
Nutritional Info: (per enchilada): 198 calories, 5.4 g. fat, 9.6 g. fiber (3.5 points per enchilada)
Source: Better Homes and Gardens Vegetarian Cookbook (I altered it a little bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment