Sunday, July 18, 2010

Take note of something done right.

The challenge this week is to find something everyday you do right. Well this is hard for me, for I am so hard on myself.
I worked in what we call Maddys garden today. This is a garden we made when we lost our amazing granddaughter to S.I.D.S. I go there alot when I need to ......just BE. Payton , her brother, will go with me there, we have tea parties & picnics. I hope he feels he can go there also to remember her & just ....BE. The day was so hot!!! I'm not sure if it was all the sweat or tears that filled my face more. She & I had a good talk. But, I got alot done, since I have not felt well, I admit, the weeds were quite bad.
So, I guess, I did a couple of things right, I got exercise....& healed just a little!








Southern Oven “Fried” Chicken
Makes 4 servings
5 points per serving

½ c. buttermilk
½ c. cornflakes, crushed
3 tbsp all purpose-flour
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
2 lb. Chicken parts with skin
4 tsp canola oil

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.

2. Pour the buttermilk into a large shallow bowl. On a sheet of wax paper, combine the cornflake crumbs, flour, salt, and pepper. Dip the chicken in the buttermilk, then in the cornflake mixture, coating completely. Place the chicken on the baking sheet, drizzle with the oil. Bake 30 minutes, turn the chicken over, and continue to bake until cooked through, 15-20 minutes longer



Cooking Tip: Don’t have buttermilk in the fridge? Combine 1 tsp of vinegar with ½ c. fat free milk for this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment