Friday, October 8, 2010

Pick out a new...or old recipe!!! THAT IS THE CHALLENGE THIS WEEK WITH WEIGHT WATCHERS. This recipe is one I love. I just feel its......like "home" if you know what I mean.....feel good food! I am in the need of hugging right now.....well I'm home alone...except the dog:) so I need that feeling of being.......loved. This recipe is a great one!!! I hope you enjoy my recipes. I do enjoy doing research finding them for you! I have fun trying new things....but like this one I love the oldies! If you have any suggestions!!! BRING IT ON!!!!!

A special Thank-you to NIKI CASEY ~~I love you girl! I am so glad she has come into my life. She has tried a ton of my recipes!!! I LOVE your support!!!!! This woman has been through a lot!!! SHE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR A HUG...THE FIRST ONE TO SAY" i love you!" She always has a great comment.....she just makes my day!! You are my feel good........snack :)
Thank-you EVERYONE for the great support you have given me here!! I love this blog. As I have said before, this is my therapy!!! The research I do for this blog is making me the dieter I am! I learn something EVERYDAY!!! (((HUGS))) xoxox el




I love THIS WW's recipe for Au Gratin Potatoes. The only change I make is to use 2% milk as opposed to skim.

Au Gratin Potatoes
3 Points per Serving using skim milk
8 Servings

Instructions:

1 sprays cooking spray
1 Tbsp butter
1 medium onion(s), thinly sliced
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 cup fat-free skim milk (I prefer 2%)
2 pounds Yukon Gold potato(es), thinly sliced
1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 2-quart covered baking dish with cooking spray.


Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour; add milk slowly, stirring. Add potatoes and stir to mix. Bring to a boil. Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, salt and pepper.

Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and level out surface. Bake for 1 hour, uncovered. Cover and bake until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes more.

Change oven temperature to broil. Sprinkle remaining cheese over potatoes. Broil 6 inches from the heating element until the cheese is golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces
.

No comments:

Post a Comment