Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Face your fears........



I knew I was going to have a fear of coming to the shop to open up today, after the break-in yesterday, I (we) just feel violated. I knew, I would be fearful. If you know me personally, you know that I am so scared all the time anyway, this was just ......really weighing on me. Thank- goodness my Dad came with me. Well, he's gone now, every noise is making me jump & just be cautious. Like I said yesterday, one little thing can change your whole outlook on life. I have a fearful feeling in the pit of my tummy.....but I will be strong!!!! Taylor is with me, I need to keep going on, not being fearful everyday! I refuse to let these little criminals take away our fun! This picture is of our register. Face your fears....do it!











We are camping this weekend ~~~~

CHICKEN KABOBS~~~ 3 pts each


Ingredients
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup lime juice
1 8oz can pineapple chunks, drained and save the juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 lemon
1 lime
1 small orange
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1 cup whole mushrooms
1 small red onion
Directions
Combine juices, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together.
Put 1/2 cup of this marinade marinadeto the side.
Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and add the remaining marinade.
Chill for 2 hours to coat the chicken.
Cut peppers and onions into 1 inch chunks and slice the mushrooms in half.
Remove chicken from the marinade and cut into 1 inch pieces.
Cut lemon, limeand orange into 1-2 inch pieces.
Take 8 skewers and thread them with the fruits, vegetables and chicken.
Preheat grill a medium-high heat.
Place kabobs on the grill and baste occasionally with the reserved marinade. Turn kabobs frequently and cook until chicken is done.
Note: Feel free to replace the chicken with steak or shrimp!


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 122g
Recipe makes 8 servings
Calories 117
Calories from Fat 64 55%
Total Fat 7.2g 9%
Saturated Fat 1.03g 4%
Trans Fat 0.01g
Cholesterol 13mg 4%
Sodium 163mg 7%
Potassium 220mg 6%
Total Carbs 8.18g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2g 4%
Sugars 4.61g 3%
Protein 6.29g 10%






No comments:

Post a Comment