Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rethink what you like~~~ eat real food






This is a great time of year. Garden produce is everywhere! If you don't think you like veg's.....think again. Try them again. Our taste buds change. Veg's are filling foods. Yet almost cost you nothing in points! YEAH! Remember you are trying to improve your health & fitness! This is for you! Also, Eat real food. Those energy bars are great sometimes....just not all the time! Eat good healthy fruits & veg's & you will see it work for you at the scale! Listen to your body, I blogged earlier this week, Julie (my leader) said to monitor hunger this week. Well, I knew this , but, I really am tracking this to the T. When I don't get enough protein, I don't feel satisfied......then I want to graze.....not good! I am very lucky . My sister Beth has a 5 acre garden right out my front door, so my possibilities are endless!










POINTS® Value: 1
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Works with Simply Filling

Afraid you have to give up vegetable dips for good? With some simple substitutions you can pack some dip in a plastic container for a snack on the go.



CHUNKY VEGETABLE DIP

1 pound(s) fat-free cottage cheese
1 medium celery, stalk, diced
1 medium carrot(s), diced
1 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
1/4 cup(s) shallot(s), finely chopped
1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Season to taste and serve. Yields about 1/3 cup per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment