Monday, June 28, 2010

When things don't go as planned............




When things don't go as planned..........make something up.....be prepared....just do it! This last weekend things changed for me, just silly things but, when I thought I was .....oh I don't know, well, everything changed! That's good though! I am going to handle it great! Isn't it odd when we think we have everything worked out we are doing great....then when things change we can really be thrown off, it can give you that "I don't give a damn attitude." The "I could eat everything in the house attitude" That's the way I feel right now, but it's getting better. I refuse to give in. I have come too far. I just keep talking to myself....(no, not out loud!) This two shall pass, another great quote from my Mama. Deep breathing....no, not huffing...:) helps too. Life is what it is, very unpredictable, try to be prepared......emotionally! Be ready for any change. Go with the flow! Another great idea, go for a walk, light a candle, call a friend, just stay busy! Don't turn to food! This WILL only make you feel worse! Thank you all for the great complements I have gotten on my new blog.....may my journey help maybe just one..............



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COBB SALAD
You can modify the ingredients to your liking and simply layer your favorite salad toppings to create a beautiful side dish. Here's my lighter version of the classic. This also makes a great lunch.

Cobb Salad
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Time: 30 minutes • Points: 3.5 ww pts
Adapted from Simply Recipes
1/2 head of romaine, coarsely chopped
1/2 head of Boston lettuce (or Iceberg), coarsely chopped
2 hard-boiled large eggs, separated, whites and yolks finely chopped
5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled

1 ripe avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
6 oz chicken breast, cooked and diced
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 cup blue cheese
Dressing - 2 ww points per tbsp

1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper
Combine chopped lettuce in a large salad bowl.

Arrange the chicken, bacon, tomato, egg and avocado in neat rows over the greens.
Whisk vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the oil in a slow stream, whisking until it is emulsified. Serve separately

No comments:

Post a Comment